Aspen may not be known for having a prevalence of affordable lodging and dining options, but planning ahead, perusing our package deals [link] and cooking meals in your unit can help you save some of your hard-earned money while still enjoying the Aspen experience.
Aspen budget-friendly summer accommodations
- Staying in a condominium is one of the best ways to save on your Aspen ski vacation. Condominiums offer kitchens for preparing meals, so you don’t need to dine out a lot, and provide space to bunk up with your friends and family so you can split the cost. Frias Properties offers Aspen’s largest collection of condo rentals, and guests enjoy privileges at the Aspen Club and Spa.
- Offering mountainside access, Aspen Alps offers reasonably priced room rates, 83 well-appointed, comfortable condominiums, a sports club, health spa and friendly staff.
- Situated less than 250 yards from the lifts, Independence Square is an ideal accommodation for guests who want to be convenient to everything without spending an arm and a leg. Few Aspen budget accommodations can compete with Independence Square’s proximity to downtown Aspen's shopping and the many summer activities or the hotel's famous rooftop hot tub.
Top affordable Aspen summer restaurants
- At the top of every local’s “budget” list is New York Pizza, located on the Hyman Street walking mall. Other great, affordable pizza joints include Taster’s, with one location in Aspen and one in Snowmass, or Ryno’s, located on Cooper Avenue walking mall. Ryno’s also features an arcade, making it a good option for families.
- A long-time affordable Aspen staple, Hickory House Ribs, on Main Street, serves finger-lickin’, wallet-friendly ribs, sandwiches, salads and all the other fixins’ common of a smokehouse.
- For affordable pub food, try out Zane’s, and for Mexican head to Su Casa.