Aspen is considered the cream of the crop when it comes to luxury offerings in the mountains. Aspen’s designer shops, fine-dining restaurants, art galleries, lounges and boutiques will exceed the expectations of the vacationer looking for an exclusive, top-of-the-line experience.
Top luxury accommodations in Aspen
- Offering the most convenient access to Aspen Mountain summer activities, The Little Nell is just steps from Aspen Mountain’s Silver Queen Gondola. The AAA Five Diamond, Forbes Five Star Little Nell caters to every whim, including those of your furry friend. Canine guests even have a special menu and can dine in the lounge along with their human companion. Guests can enjoy onsite, five-star dining experiences at Element 47 and Ajax Tavern, full-service concierge; courtesy shuttles to restaurants and the airport, a heated outdoor pool and an outdoor, covered hot tub.
- The well-situated, five-star St. Regis Aspen Resort is just a short walk from Aspen’s renowned shopping and dining. The on-site Chef’s Club is a unique collaboration between Food & Wine Magazine and the St. Regis’ world-famous chefs. The St. Regis also provides guests with relaxing amenities like indoor and outdoor hot tubs, a heated outdoor pool and its award-winning, full-service Remede Spa.
- Hotel Jerome is the perfect lodging option for those seeking high-end conveniences in a unique, historical atmosphere. This storied hotel dates back to late 1880s and was the first building west of the Mississippi to have electricity. Its famed J-Bar was once a popular hangout for the late writer Hunter S. Thompson.
Downtown Aspen fine-dining restaurants in the summer
- If you’re looking for an unforgettable wine list, head to The Little Nell’s newly refurbished Element 47.
- For celeb-sightings and out-of-this-world sushi, make a reservation at Iron Chef Nobu Matsuhisa’s restaurant, Matsuhisa, or “Matsu.” An extraordinary culinary experience, “Matsu’s” menu consists of both traditional Japanese fare and Chef Nobu’s famed Asian-Chilean “fusion” plates.
- As aforementioned, the St. Regis’ Chef’s Club is a don’t-miss for fine-dining aficionados and it's also the flagship restaurant under the Chefs Club USA brand. Each year, FOOD & WINE magazine selects from their coveted list of Best New Chefs to consult and curate new menu items in collaboration with the culinary team at the restaurant to create an epicurean experience beyond expectation.
- Enjoy beautiful summer views of Aspen Mountain from Ajax Tavern’s outdoor patio, as well as an exceptional wine list and seasonal, locally sourced menu items.
- Serving a beautiful menu of European-American bistro creations, Pinon’s is another longtime Aspen fine-dining institution. Enjoy mountain views and sunset from the second-story outdoor patio.
- On a cool summer evening, head to Wild Fig for superb Mediterranean cuisine and great people watching from the charming outdoor patio.