If your family loves Aspen Snowmass in the winter, they will love it in the summer too—perhaps even more! Perfect summer weather, ideal family accommodations, laundry list of family-friendly activities, kids' programs and events make Aspen one of North America’s best destinations for families seeking summertime mountain adventure.
Aspen’s top family-friendly summer lodging
- Situated just a few blocks from the Silver Queen Gondola and Aspen Mountain’s disc golf course and hiking trails, the pet-friendly Limelight Hotel provides families all the comforts of home, from a cozy fireplace lounge to complimentary daily breakfast and a relaxing pool and hot tub.
- Offering convenient access to summer gondola rides and Aspen Mountain’s hiking trails, the pet-friendly Aspen Alps offers families 83 well-appointed, spacious condominiums, an outdoor pool and hot tub and a full-service health spa.
- Ideally located in the heart of downtown Aspen just across the street from the Silver Queen Gondola, the Aspen Square Condominium Hotel incorporates reasonable nightly rates, professional service and a surplus of high-value amenities. Guest have access to concierge and front desk services, bell staff, daily housekeeping, heated outdoor swimming pool, two hot tubs, fitness center, complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi and free parking.
- Offering a gamut of spacious, reasonably priced accommodations that will please families, Frias Properties' condos provide access to a full kitchen, which means you save on eat out and get to capitalize on family time. Frias guests enjoy privileges at the Aspen Club and Spa.
Aspen family-friendly summer activities
- Kids and parents alike will love hanging out at the Aspen Recreation Center, which features kiddie swimming pools, waterslides, a lazy river, large hot tub, lap pool, climbing wall and much more.
- Snowmass Bike Park offers a progressive, lift-accessed downhill mountain biking park, as well as a skills park for beginners and plenty of cross-country trails for those who like to earn their views.
- Kids will have a blast jumping and flipping while a bungee flings them up in the air! Kids and the young at heart can bounce the day away at the Snowmass Trampoline Bungee Center.
- The Rio Grande Skateboard Park is the direct result of Aspen’s local youth, young adults, parents and the Parks and Recreation Department working together to satisfy a recreational need. Since the opening, it has become one of the most popular recreational facilities, accommodating upwards of 200 to 300 riders per day.